Obesity is a health condition in which excessive body fats has accumulated and presents risk to health.
A body mass index(BMI) over 25 is considered overweight and over 30 is obese. Once a person is 20% over their ideal weight, it is considered as obese.
Causes of Obesity
- Over eating: Over eating leads to weight gain if the diet is high in fat or sugar eg. fast food, fried food, sweets and other energy dense foods.
- Genetics: a person develops obesity if one or both parents are obese or due to lack of leptin hormone. Leptin hormone is a hormone that signals the brain to eat less.
- A diet high in simple carbohydrates: some researchers believe that simple carbohydrates from sugars, fructose, desserts, soft drinks, beer, and wine contributes to overweight.
- Medications: antidepressants, anticonvulsants, medications used in lowering blood sugar such as insulin, certain hormones such as oral contraceptives and some high blood pressure medications cause obesity.
- Social issues: lack of money to purchase healthy foods or lack of safe places to walk or exercise can increase the risk of obesity.
- Physical inactivity: sedentary people burn fewer calories than people who are active. Lack of physical activity is related to weight gain.
Home remedy for obesity
-Add protein to your diet
-Eat whole foods
-Avoid processed foods.
– Eat healthy foods and snacks.
-Limit your intake of added sugar.
-Supplements with glucomannan
– Avoid liquid calories
– Limit your intake of refined carbs
-Drink unsweetened green tea
-Eat more fruits and vegetables
– Try a low carb diet.
-Spice up your meals.
-Get enough sleep.
-Eat more fiber.
-Do cardio exercise
-Add resistance exercise.
-Practice mindful eating
Start a custom weight loss program today!!!
Register for 1:1 coaching to get a personalized diets that tracks your calorie, step by step guide on how to combat cravings, lifestyle modifications and exercises to lose weight.
Click on this link to join my 3 months program