The body needs cholesterol to build healthy cells. High levels of cholesterol cause heart disease (heart attack and stroke) and fatty deposits in the blood vessels. As the fatty deposits increases, it makes blood difficult to flow through the arteries. Cholesterol also results in having too much fatty acids in the blood.
CAUSES OF HIGH CHOLESTEROL
- Eating fatty foods
- Not exercising enough
- Being overweight
- Drinking alcohol
- Family lineage
HOW CAN I LOWER MY CHOLESTEROL THROUGH DIETS?
A few changes in your diet can reduce cholesterol and improve your heart health.
- Reduce red meat and full diary products
- Eliminate trans fats found in hydrogenated oil such as margarine, crackers and fresh fries
- Eats foods rich in omega-3-fatty acids
- Limit saturated fats found in processed foods
- Limit added salt
- Eat soluble fiber
- Eat plant protein
- Eat enough fruits and vegetables
- Limit alcohol-Alcohol cause overweight. It also raises LDL level (bad choltesterol) and lowers HDL level (good cholesterol)
FOOODS TO AVOID WITH HIGH CHOLESTEROL
Note: Always check nutrition label before buying food products.
Start a program that normalizes cholesterol level today!!!
Register for 1:1 coaching, to get a personalized diet that raises the good cholesterol level, exercise, weight loss management and healthy lifestyle modifications.
Click on the link below and join my 3 months program that lowers the bad cholesterol and increases the good cholesterol level